Activity and function of the Section.
The Mid-day Meal Programme is one of the most important flagships Programme implemented jointly by the Central and the State Government has their committed share contribution of 60% and 40% respectively to the resources of Annual Work Plan outlay. The District Magistrate is the Nodal Officer of CMDM Programme in the district. The entire mechanism is being maneuvered under the leadership of the District Magistrate. He and his other subordinate authorities such as SDOs and BDOs are mainly responsible for implementation of the scheme. Similarly, District Inspector of the School,Primary and Secondary Education alongwith their field level officials are responsible for day to day monitoring of the School.
Citizen Services offered by the Section :
Coverage of Schools.
From the year 2002-2003 to till date, 100% of Primary schools (including SSK/SSP), Upper Primary schools (including MSK& Madrasah) & NCLP Schools have been covered under Cooked Mid-Day Meal Programme.
Coverage of Students.
From the year 2002-2003 to till date, 100% students of Primary schools (including SSK/SSP), Upper Primary schools (including MSK& Madrasah) & NCLP Schools have been covered under Cooked Mid-Day Meal Programme.
Presently, the rate of Cooking Cost is as given below :-
Primary :₹ 4.97 per student per day.
Upper Primary :₹ 7.45 per student per day.
NCLP :₹ 7.45 per student per day.
The quantity of foodgrains authorized to the students are as mentioned below :
Primary :100 grams per student per day.
Upper Primary :150 grams per student per day.
NCLP :150 grams per student per day.
Honorarium to Cook-cum-Helper.
The honorarium &entitlement of the Cook-cum-Helpers (CCHs) are as follows :
Primary, Upper Primary &NCLP :₹ 1500/- per cook per month for 10 months in a year.
One Cook-cum- Helper may be engaged for 25 students, two Cook-Cum-Helpers for 26 to 100 students & one additional Cook- Cum-Helper for every additional of upto 100 students.
Responsibility for cooking and serving of Cooked Mid-Day Meal are shouldered by Self-Help Groups.
|Sl. No.||Items||Quantity Per Day|
|Primary Students||Upper Primary Students|
|3||Vegetables (leafy also)||50gms||75gms|
|4||Oil & Fat||05.0gms||7.5gms|
|5||Salt & Condiments||As per need||As per need|
The Nutritional content would be as under:
|Nutritional Content||Prescribed Norms|
|Primary Schools||Upper Primary Schools|
|Micronutrients||Adequate quantities of Micronutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin-A, etc.|
Construction of Dining Hall:
As of now, 820 number Dining Hallshave been constructed in various schools of this district under Cook Mid -Day Meal Programme.
- Observation of special Mid-Day Meal Week.
- Distribution of Plates and Glasses.
- 95% of schools are given LPG connection for safe & hygienic cooking and district authority is planning to cover all the schools with LPG connection.
- MDM combined Register has been provided to all Upper Primary schools for better maintaining and supervision of the scheme
- Aprons, Head Cap, Gloves & Mouth musk have been provided to Cook-cum-Helpers.
- Rice Bins have been provided to all primary schools for better storage of MDM rice.
- The District Administration had conducted an internal Audit of all the Blocks/Municipalities & 970 schools for better monitoring of cooked Mid-day Meal programme during the year 2019.
- A web based mobile application namely ‘Pusti’ has been introduced for better monitoring / supervision of the Mid-day meal Programme at school level.
- Regular SMS based monitoring in web portal (http://www.mdm.wbsed.gov.in).
- Monthly Data Entry in web portal (http://www.trgmdm.nic.in).
Officers and Staff.
|1||Sri Abhik Kumar Das, WBCS (Exe.)||ADM (Dev.)||03228-262222||admdpm[at]gmail[dot]com|
|2||Sri Thandup Bhutia, WBCS (Exe.)||OC, MDM||03228-262151||mdmsection[at]gmail[dot]com|
|4||Tuhin Kumar Das||Accountant||03228-262151||–|
|5||Malay Kumar Pandit||D.E.O||03228-262151||–|
|6||Rabindranath Samanta||Group – D||03228-262151||–|