A Group Health Insurance scheme named “Swasthya Sathi” was announced by the government of West Bengal vide decision in Cabinet No. 2625 dated 17th February, 2016, and notification of Finance Department vide no. 1104(P) dated 25th February, 2016. The scheme was officially launched by Hon’ble CM on 30th December 2016.
In the district, total 2,13,638 numbers of families have been enrolled under the Swasthya Sathi Scheme. There are 02 (two) Super Specialty Hospitals, 01 (one) District Hospital, 01 (One) Sub-Divisional Hospital, 07 (Seven) Rural Hospitals and 06 (Six) Private Hospitals empanelled under the Swasthya Sathi scheme in the district.
Main Features of the Scheme:
- Basic health cover for secondary and tertiary care up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum per family.
- Paperless, Cashless, Smart Card based.
- There is no cap on the family size and Parents from both the Spouse are included. All dependent physically
- challenged persons in the family are also covered.
- All pre-existing diseases are covered.
- The entire premium is borne by the State Government and no contribution from the beneficiary.
- Online Swathya Sathi Smart card is provided to each family on the day of Enrollment. Smart Card captures the
- Details of the family members, Photographs, Bio-metric, Address, Mobile Number, SECC ID.
- Management of the scheme is in paperless IT platform from day one.
- SMS triggers and instant alerts to the beneficiaries on blocking of card.
- Real-time uploading of E-health record of the beneficiaries on discharge.
- 24 X 7 toll free Call Centre (18003455384) with feedback option.
- Android based Swasthya Sathi Mobile app for assistance to the beneficiaries.