About Rupashree Prakalpa
- At the State Budget for the financial year 2018-19 tabled on 31st January 2018, the Hon’ble Finance Minister, Government of West Bengal, announced a one-time financial grant of Rs. 25,000 for economically stressed families at the time of their adult daughters’ marriages.
- The grant, to be provided under the name of “Rupashree Prakalpa”, is aimed at mitigating the difficulties that poor families face in bearing the expenditure of their daughters’ marriages, for which they often have to borrow money at very high interest rates.
- Rupashree Prakalpa will come into effect on 01 April, 2018 and will be applicable for all marriages effected from 01 April, 2018.
- The scheme will be implemented in all districts of West Bengal.
In this Scheme, unless the context otherwise requires:
- This scheme shall apply to any woman who proposes to be married if her application satisfies the following criteria:
- She has attained the age of 18 years AND is unmarried on the date of submitting her application.
- The proposed marriage is her first marriage.
- She was born in West Bengal OR she has been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years OR her parents are permanent residents of West Bengal.
- Her family income is not greater than Rs. 1.50 lakhs per annum.
- Her prospective groom has attained the age of 21 years.
- She has an active bank account for which she is the sole account-holder. The bank account must be in a bank that has an IFS Code and an MICR code and transacts e-payments though NEFT.
- Method of applying for the scheme
- The Scheme’s Application form will be available free-of-cost from the following offices:
- Office of the Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in Municipal area
- Office of the Commissioner in case the applicant resides in a Corporation area
- The following documents / certifications must be submitted along with the application form:
- Proof of applicant’s age: Self-attested photo-copy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit card / AADHAR card (compulsory) / Primary School Leaving Certificate
- Never-married Status: Self-declaration on application form
- Family income: Self-declaration certified by a Competent Authority
- Proof of Residence: Self-Declaration certified by a Competent Authority
- Bank Account: Self-attested photo-copy of page of bank book which provides complete details of the account holder’s name, account no., bank address, IFSC code and other details
- Proof of proposed marriage: Any one of the following: Marriage Invitation Card / Notice for Registration of Marriage
- Proof of prospective groom’s age: Photocopy of any one of the following: Birth Certificate / Voter ID card / PAN Card / Madhyamik Admit card / AADHAR card / Primary School Leaving Certificate (attested by prospective spouse)
- Coloured passport size photographs of the applicant and the prospective groom.
- The completed Application Form, along with all other necessary documents and certifications must be submitted to the Office of the Block Development Officer, Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer or Office of the Corporation Commission under which the applicant’s residence is located
AND must be submitted not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days before the date of the proposed marriage.
Method of disbursement
- The scheme’s financial benefit will be paid by direct bank transfer to a bank account held singly in the name of the applicant.